Bored from the same old hair color, want to change your look? but Alas! you have permanent dye on. Now, how to remove your permanent hair dye.There are many natural and chemical products which may help you lighten or remove your hair dye. Its not always easy to remove these stubborn hair dye and may end up getting worse it you use any random chemicals without proper knowledge. And trust me nothing can be worst than hair color getting wrong.
Before moving further read about Best Shaver For Black Bald Head.
Must read about Best Trimmer For Balls
- 1 New to hair color? Things you should know to Permanently Dye Your Hair
- 2 Are permanent Hair Dye Harmful for Our Hair?
- 3 How to Remove Blonde Permanent Hair Dye ?
- 4 How to Remove Permanent Hair Dye at Home?
- 5 Want to Remove Your Dye Fast? Here are Some Best Products
New to hair color? Things you should know to Permanently Dye Your Hair
Here are some tips you should know to dye your hair and get damage free, hassle free and smoother hair. And of course flaunt your new hair color. Well! Its always exciting to get your hair colored and try new shades!
- Applying dye to damp hair is much preferable as you will get the same level of color using less product.
- It takes 3 days for the cuticle layer to fully close, which traps the color molecule, allowing for longer lasting hair color.”- as said by an american hairstylist. So shampooing after 72 hours will give you best results.
- Dying on greasy hair should be avoided.
- Its important to wash off all the dye properly because if it stay too long it may damage your hair as chemical processes will still be working. It may also break your hair.
- Use lukewarm or cold water to wash your hair because hotter the water, faster will your color fade.
- Try to use ammonia free permanent hair dye because these dyes, if kept for too long may become darker and also damage your hair.
- Don’t dye too often.There should be a gap of 4 to 6 six weeks between each dying session.
Are permanent Hair Dye Harmful for Our Hair?
Now, many people have the misconception that using permanent hair dye can damage their hair either permanently or temporarily. But to be honest, it actually depends on the cosmetic brand you are using. Example, if you use Loreal or Godrej hair color, chances of damage is much lesser. Because these are made up of safe chemicals such as PPD, sulfate and more.
So basically it does not stops the hair growth, but using poor products without proper consult many damage your hair and also physically weaken hair shafts. Some of the safest hair dying products are mentioned below-
Aveda Full Spectrum Permanent Pure Tone Hair Color 1oz (Dark B/V)- contains a blend of protective plant oils including sunflower, castor and jojoba oils giving the hair an amazing shine and damage-free results.
MANIC PANIC Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream Raven 4 oz(No: HCR 11007)- it contains herbal and protein complex and is peroxide-free.
Clairol Natural Instincts Hair Color 35 Ebony Mocha Brown Black 1 Kit- Made with natural ingredients like coconut oil and is free from ammonia.
Read about Best Hair Clippers For Men.
How to Remove Blonde Permanent Hair Dye ?
You effectively can’t remove blonde hair dye. Unlike other black, brown or any color dyes, removing blonde hair dye may be hectic task. Now this happens because when you go for a blonde hair dye or any other bleach containing dye, it washes away the pigment from your hair. And this melanin pigments from that portion of hair is gone forever and that portion of your hair will stay blonde. Whereas, if you use other dyes like black/brown melanin or color in turn is added to your hair.
So, how to remove this blonde hair dye? You have to fill back color to your hair, then do the dying process. Suppose if you want to go from blonde to red, First you need to color your hair brown/black then dye, Trust me from my personal experience if you skip the process of adding back color to your hair and rather dye it directly, you my end up getting a muddy/green sort of hair color, far from your dream hair color. And trust me its not fun!
If you want to see, best men’s electric razor under $100, then you should check our post.
How to Remove Permanent Hair Dye at Home?
Hair color did not turned out well as you were expecting? Well! Don’t worry. You just need to take a peek at your the kitchen and your work is done. Your natural hair color is a combination of eumelanin and pheomelanin.
1. Baking Soda
- Baking soda with lemon juice- take equal parts of both lemon juice and baking soda mix well to get a sooth mixture. Apply on the colored part of your hair.After 15-20 minutes wash off well with shampoo and condition your hair.
- Baking soda with shampoo- mix both the baking soda and shampoo in equal parts. Make sure you use a strong anti dandruff shampoo. Wash and then condition.
2. Vitamin C
Powerful antioxidant, vitamin C will help you to remove permanent hair dye. It is alone enough to help you out with this problem. All you need to do is crush 5 to 10 vitamin C tablets in a bowl and add anti dandruff shampoo to make a paste. Make sure you remove all your hair knots before applying the paste. Cover all the colored hair parts well and keep it for 30 to 60 minutes for best results.
Irrespective of your dye being old or new it works well in removing/ lightening your dye and the best part is, it does no have any side effects, except a bit of dryness.It also helps the scalp to absorb iron, which is very essential in hair growth.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
Take hydrogen peroxide in a bowl dip a brush in it and apply on the colored part of your hair. After that rinse off with cold water. This helps to remove permanent hair dye in only 30 minutes. But again that totally depends on how dark you have dyed your hair. It works on the hair cortex which holds the color pigments and helps to lighten hair.
Using this can sometimes irritate your skin around your hairline so make sure you dilute it before you use. And of course you need to be careful while applying.
Bleaching is actually a straightforward way of removing permanent hair dye. It lightens your hair color. And if suppose you dyed your hair in a blue velvet color but its not looking the way you wanted and you would prefer a lighter shade then DON’T bleach your hair if you don’t want your hair to look any clown orange or pink sort of. Its removes color more quickly and purple may go pink, neon may go green.
Bleach can remove your artificial hair color but it can also effect your natural hair color. Also sometimes results in damaging your hair and making it look brittle and weak. So this method is not preferred much.
After all one of the most simplest and natural way to remove permanent hair dye. Keep your hair out under the sun as this helps in reducing the dye and fades them fast.
Don’t forget to subscribe our site Electricsrazor.com if you want best electric razor.
Want to Remove Your Dye Fast? Here are Some Best Products
- Color Oops Hair Color Remover – Ammonia free, bleach free permanent hair dye remover. Protects all your fragile hair, to gives your hair a smooth and shiny look so that you can re-dye the same day.
L’Oreal Paris Colorist Secrets Hair color Remover Hair Treatment- This product of Paris will help you erase all your color mistakes making your hair salon ready for another dye. It removes all the artificial hair color from your hair.
And there are many more such products. But if you notice all these products not working then it is recommend going to a hair salon professional. As they know how to style your hair properly and which dye will work better on your hair. For example some purple pigment may be used for eliminating unwanted yellowness in your blonde hair color. Again, not recommended to self-experiment, might end up worse.